WHAT IS THE SRT?
The main objectives of the Sydney RFC Supporter Group as outlined by the Richmond FC are:
1. To help grow the membership of Richmond FC.
2. Create and foster a friendly social environment for Richmond supporters to meet on a regular basis.
3. Provide opportunities for supporters to meet at social functions.
4. Promote and market the Richmond Football Club and its brand.
5. Conduct fundraising activities to generate funds for the Club
6. To promote active participation and interest in the social and sporting activities of Richmond FC and its supporters in the Supporters’ Group.
7. To encourage attendance at Richmond matches when games are hosted in your city, Sydney.
Do you have a passion for social media, marketing, being a treasurer, event organisation?
Club activities don’t ‘just happen’; they depend on members who are prepared to contribute to the running of the supporter group in one of these volunteer roles.
As a Committee member, you will have opportunities to improve the club’s activities to best suit the supporter base. At the same time, enjoy the comradeship of working with a great bunch of other Richmond supporters who are also dedicated to the success of Richmond and spreading and gaining support across Sydney for the club.
The duties of a Committee member are not onerous and the work is shared. There are no real qualifications required for the roles, nor any particular background – however, enthusiasm and passion for other people and for Richmond are essential elements.
Committee members are required to;
• attend a minimum of 3 committee meetings within the football season.
• reside within the Greater Sydney area.
• assist a minimum of 3 times in the pub raffle by selling tickets.
• be a paid-up member of RFC or the AFL.
If you want to join and contribute to the SRT and the Richmond FC, contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org or come up to me at the Cammy on game days and say hello.
Sydney RiFC Supporter Group